Just a few reminders:
· Stewardship Pledge cards for 2011 have been mailed to members that have not pledged as of October 29. We would like to have the cards back as soon as possible as the Finance Committee will be meeting in a few weeks to start work on the 2011 budget. The amount members pledge each year is an essential part of the budget. We thank you for continued support of St. James’ Church.
· I will be on vacation November 1 – November 5. The parish office will be open in the morning only Monday – Thursday and closed on Friday.
· The Daughters of the King will be hosting the Fall Assembly tomorrow in Bartholomew Hall for the various chapters in our area. We are expecting up to 60 Daughters to be in attendance.
· Once again this year the Daughters of the King will be hosting the African Team Ministries in support of the Churches of East Africa by selling high quality handmade jewelry and craft items. Items will be on display November 7 and November 14 in Bartholomew Hall after each service and during coffee hour.
· The Lord’s pantry will be holding it Thanksgiving Distribution on November 20th. Each year they distribute over 100 baskets of complete ready to cook Thanksgiving dinners to those in need. Monetary donations can be mailed to The Lord’s Pantry 141 E. Lancaster Ave, Downingtown, PA 19335 or placed in the Sunday offering plate. Frozen turkeys can be dropped off at the Lord’s Pantry. For more information call 610-873-1149
That is about it for this week. Have a great weekend and see you all on Sunday.