This week’s reminders:
· We start the Heifer Project this Sunday and it runs until Dec 31. Instead of giving material gifts to your friend and family, present them with a Heifer gift card letting them know that in their honor you have given the gift of self-reliance to a struggling family. Your gift to the Heifer Project of $10 per gift card will be used to buy farm animals for struggling families in the United States and around the world. The gift of these animals will not only provide families with the dignity of feeding themselves…but also with the means to provide for the family needs for years to come. For more information go to their website www.heifer.org. Gift cards are available at church on the hall table or see Jim Umhofer or myself for more information.
· The Lord’s Pantry Angel Tree is also starting this week. We will have the name/wish tags on the Angel Tree on the bulletin board. Take a tag, sign it out on the clipboard, return the gift no later than Dec 8th all wrapped and the tag securely attached to the gift.
· We are trying something different this year. Instead of sending home “Candy Cane Kits” to tie on the tags and ribbons we will be set up in Bartholomew Hall on Sunday to work on the candy canes after the 7:45 service and during coffee hour (and maybe after the 11 service).
· Father Tim will be having a Lucernaria Service (the lighting of candles) on the four Sundays of Advent November 28, December 05, December 12, and December 19 at 4:00 pm. The service is called the Lucernaria which is from a Latin word meaning a service of illumination. Essentially, it is a service of meditation and healing which involves the Advent anthems at the candle lighting, the readings from the propers for the Advent Sundays, a meditation, prayers for healing and an opportunity to come forward to light a candle for yourself or someone you love. The service concludes with the receiving of communion from the reserve sacrament.
· Stewardship Update. The Finance Committee is working on the church budget for 2011 and is asking everyone to please hand in your 2011 pledge card. Pledge cards were mailed a few weeks ago, but if you have misplaced your card, there are some available on the usher table and the hall table.
That is it for this week; see you all in church on Sunday