I hope you are able to take time to relax and enjoy the Christmas season with family and friends. If you are traveling to spent time with family, we pray for a safe and peaceful journey.
· Advent Vesper service on December 22 at 5pm
· Please join us for Christmas Services
4:30pm Holy Eucharist Rite II Family, Contemporary
7:30pm Holy Eucharist, Rite II with Lessons & Anthems
10:30pm Holy Eucharist, Rite II Traditional Music & Choir
10:00am Holy Eucharist with the Blessing of the Toys
· The Troop Box and The Lord’s Pantry shopping cart are empty
· The parish office will be open Monday, Dec 23, 10am to 3pm. Father Tim and I will taking Dec 24 through Dec 27 off.
Have a wonderful weekend and see you all on Sunday
Theme for this Sunday: Now the birth of Jesus the Messiah took place in this way… (“Look, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall name him Emmanuel,” which means “God is with us”.)
- In the reading from Isaiah, troubled King Ahaz (of Judah) receives a sign from God as a promise of salvation: “the young woman is with child and will bear a son, and shall name him Immanuel”.
- In the reading from Romans, Paul greets the new Christian disciples in Rome and reminds them that Jesus of Nazareth was physically descended from King David and also spiritually descended from God by the Holy Spirit.
- In Saint Matthew’s Gospel, Joseph is told in a dream not to be afraid to take Mary as his legal wife, for the child she is carrying is from the Holy Spirit. The “sign from God” given to King Ahaz seven centuries earlier is being repeated again for Joseph and for all of us.