The Lord’s Pantry of Downingtown provides food and other essential items to families in need in Downingtown and surrounding communities. The ministry began at St. James more than 40 years ago and developed into a nonprofit organization with a building in Downingtown offering groceries, help and support to adults, children and families in need.
Along with collecting nonperishable food items throughout the year, St. James participates in the Thanksgiving food basket ministry and by sponsoring families at Christmas.
We are also looking to renew the raised bed gardening project, which has been used in years past to raise vegetables for donation to the Lord’s Pantry.
Ways you can participate in this ministry include:
- Donate nonperishable food items by placing them in the grocery cart, located in the hallway in front of the bulletin board.
- Donate specific items for Thanksgiving boxes and help assemble them.
- Choose a gift to buy at Christmas for one of the sponsored families.
- Help maintain the raised garden beds through planting, watering, tending and harvesting.
- Drive donations from St. James to Lord’s Pantry.
Visit the Lord’s Pantry website at lordspantryofdowningtown.org for more information.