…we the people are the church.
This short phrase from the prayer with which we end each Sunday service captures beautifully our mission at St. James’. We are called to build the kingdom of God on earth.
While this is a calling to spiritual growth and community, it is clear that we need physical structures like a worship space, classrooms, parking lots, etc., to carry out our mission.
After a long, thoughtful and prayerful visioning and listening process, the St. James’ Vision Committee developed a list of projects that we believe reflects the needs and desires shared by our parish family.
We are now most of the way through a successful capital campaign and have already completed several important parish projects including:
- A much-needed upgrade to our building’s electrical system
- Air conditioning in the sanctuary
- An expanded worship space
- Improved traffic safety around our building
- Upgrades to walkways and entrances
- A beautiful new main entrance to welcome all to our church
Still to come are the following projects:
- New covered entry for our handicap entrance
- Modified ramp to meet accessibility code requirements
- Expanded foyer
- Wider, upgraded main hallway
- Remodeled restrooms
- New carpeting
We are excited and optimistic about the future of our parish community and we invite you to join us in worship in our beautiful, welcoming church.